New Castle, PA Forum
July 29, 2014, 12:34:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make sure to check out the rest of the website built around the forum!! Add some pictures to the new gallery found on the main page!

Home   Help Login Register NCPASpeaks Website Toy Store Amazon Store  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auditor General Findings NCASD  (Read 30259 times)
al white
Regular / Politics

Date Registerd:September 19, 2008, 02:19:56 AM

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: October 18, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

SJR, I still think it's a joke the names are being released. I think the NC News is ridiculous for even worrying about it as much as they were, and even more ridiculous that it was ruled on the way it was. If this was appealed, they win easily. There are cases almost identical to this that was ruled on differently.

Johnson, glad to see you have seen the light regarding the NC News.

I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong!
johnson

Date Registerd:September 20, 2009, 08:32:19 PM

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: October 18, 2013, 06:02:23 PM »

Al,
You have never seen me post a good thing about the NCN and never will.
SJR
Regular / Politics

Date Registerd:June 20, 2008, 12:20:20 AM

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: October 18, 2013, 07:48:40 PM »

Sure did. On another note it was in the NCN today that three or so students/football players were suspended for Arjuna use in Hoover Ala. I have posted this a while back which no one believed. But to elaborate a little further this was on the front page of the NCN why? If this was the district a little further north it wouldn't have even made the paper that is why the NCN is a trash news paper. I also believe that other districts in the county do not even test their athlete's for drugs.....wonder why? At least NC is concerned about this with it athlete's. Was it just not long ago that Neshannock had a young girl assulted on a school bus? NCN did not have front page info on that....why?

Johnson what did they do about the problem in Neshannock? 

Never feed your cat anything that doesn't match the carpet
johnson

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: October 18, 2013, 08:11:32 PM »

Who knows? Details were very sketchy but a girl was assulted while on a school sanctioned field trip NCN did not cover this at all.....but if thet was NC it would have been all over the front page. NCN.....if your painting it provides good covering for the floor or something for the dog to p**s on.
Rotten

Date Registerd:May 19, 2009, 05:23:49 PM

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: October 19, 2013, 09:38:17 AM »

ncnewsonline.com

Debbie Wachter
New Castle News

NEW CASTLE — The New Castle school district has released the names of employees who were the subject of a state audit finding.

The three staff members — Jamie Lynn DeMase of Neshannock Township, a teacher at Harry W. Lockley Kindergarten Center; Dinia Kollar of Pulaski, a third-grade teacher at Thaddeus Stevens Primary Center; and Kelly Glies of Neshannock Township, a second-grade teacher at West Side Primary Center — are the parents of children who lived outside the district but attended New Castle schools without paying tuition over a period of four years.

The tuition matter was raised by the Pennsylvania Auditor General’s office in a final report of an audit covering Feb. 2, 2010, through Sept. 12, 2012.

The audit also included the district’s financial records for two additional years regarding the tuition matter, and it showed there had been seven non-resident children of district employees during that four-year time period for whom tuition had not been paid.

The auditors criticized the district for failing to obtain the required tuition and found both the Pennsylvania Public School Code and district policy had been violated.

As a result, the district must repay the state $110,664 for subsidy it had received for those students over the four-year period.

The state audit report, which was made public, did not include the names of the students or their parents.

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/topstories/x252031473/New-Castle-Schools-District-releases-names-in-tuition-probe
NCresident

Date Registerd:November 05, 2011, 11:08:44 AM

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: October 19, 2013, 11:48:30 AM »

I hope some on this forum are satisfied, in my opinion again, no need to release the names. I am just trying to figure out what exactly was accomplished by this?
SJR
Regular / Politics

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: October 19, 2013, 12:11:48 PM »

What it accomplices is the fact the teachers did wrong and cheated the school out of money,  they too are to be held accountable. Just as other names appear in NCN  for wrong doing so does theirs.  It means they do not receive any special treatment by not releasing their names.  Don't forget the taxpayers who footed the bill.

SJR
Regular / Politics

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: October 19, 2013, 12:14:31 PM »

that should be accomplishes......damn that spell check.

What is so disgusting is these people have the money to pay the tuition, when
there are taxpayers out here struggling to make ends meet.

johnson

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: October 19, 2013, 02:19:08 PM »

Lets look at this in a way it may keep people from trying it again. How much did it pay the Pittsburgh law firm to try to protect these parents/employees with taxpayer money? I see they hired an employee from Harmony to check on residency he will have his work cut out for him because it is still a problem. I question why Harmony? Everyone on here touts NC but I guess we didn't have a person good enough for this job?
drozale

Date Registerd:February 17, 2013, 03:06:06 PM

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: October 19, 2013, 02:28:09 PM »

So happy for everyone that got their nebby noses satisfied.  Time to move on to the next scandal! Hey, how about the kid that took a 3 1/2 inch folding knife to Mohawk?  Third page today.  Hidden next to some ads. 
FOURMOREMARINE
Regular / Politics

Date Registerd:June 19, 2008, 05:39:43 PM

SEMPER FI

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: October 19, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »

I hope some on this forum are satisfied, in my opinion again, no need to release the names. I am just trying to figure out what exactly was accomplished by this?
So, if these people were stopped for DUI you wouldn't want their names posted??? Nothing earth shattering has happened since their names have been posted Don't think any of them are on suicide watch. Now, all they have to do is pay back all the money they stole from the district
johnson

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: October 19, 2013, 04:15:59 PM »

Exactly, and check up on the ones who still are going to the district illegally.
Beatrice

Date Registerd:October 08, 2008, 07:56:50 PM

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: October 19, 2013, 04:22:09 PM »

I think two are related to a School Board Member. Some things happen without a relative knowing. Lips Sealed
insider
Regular / Politics

Date Registerd:July 26, 2008, 12:55:10 AM

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: October 19, 2013, 04:41:01 PM »

Agreed. I still believe that the District would have won an appeal based on FERPA, if it so chose to do so. Well many on here will be happy and or disappointed because there will be no "smoking gun" just a failure in procedure.

From the time the auditors report was rumored to be released, you have been wrong every step of the way. 

First when the new board was holding off releasing the report, you said it was because it would show how great the last administration was.....wrong. 
When you said it was all political and nothing was going to come of this....wrong
When you said the names would never be released because it was against the law....wrong

Well now you say if the teachers actually spent some of their own money to appeal it they would win......WRONG they would LOSE....
insider
Regular / Politics

Date Registerd:July 26, 2008, 12:55:10 AM

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: October 19, 2013, 04:47:27 PM »

Who knows? Details were very sketchy but a girl was assulted while on a school sanctioned field trip NCN did not cover this at all.....but if thet was NC it would have been all over the front page. NCN.....if your painting it provides good covering for the floor or something for the dog to p**s on.

Since you people have short term memory problems.  Hope this helps?  I recommend the use of google for a search function or maybe just a little bit of research on your part.  Not that were not used to you two being uninformed but?

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/update/x508492720/Police-probe-alleged-assault-of-student

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/neshannock/x596956286/Neshannock-Schools-Four-students-charged-in-bus-incident

http://www.ncnewsonline.com/update/x738625366/Neshannock-superintendent-says-students-have-been-charged-in-alleged-bus-assault

New Castle, PA Forum

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: